Sample Cover Letter for a University Administrative Assistant
When Greg asked me to review his cover letter sample, I pulled out my cover letter checklist and went to town. The review was easy because he had every single item taken care of. Take a look.
My Cover Letter Checklist
Here's my handy list of what a good cover letter should achieve.
- State the job you are seeking.
- Tell why you're qualified for the job.
- Show some relevant personal traits, values, or style.
- Thank your reader.
- Ask for or suggest an interview.
- Refer to your attached resume.
Read Greg's cover letter to see each of these points in play.
Cover Letter Example for an Administrative Assistant Job at a UniversityDear Hiring Manager,
I am truly excited to have an opportunity to apply for the Administrative Assistant position that was advertised on the XX University website.As my attached resume shows, my
background includes more than eight years of international experience in high-level administrative assistant roles in France, Italy and Romania. During my three years at YY University in Romania, I worked closely with staff and faculty to:
- Review confidential student information.
- Assist students with registration and orientation.
- Manage special projects.
- Perform database entry.
- Schedule appointments for 11 professors.
I am a believer that education is the basis of hope for bettering our society for future generations. In this spirit, I look forward to contributing to XX University's stature and reputation, as your Administrative Assistant.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Please let me know if you would like to meet in person or via phone (555-555-5555).
Other Cover Letter Samples
Want to see more cover letter examples? Here you go...
You might also want to browse:
- 19 Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
Category: Application letter