How to order a diploma
The University provides a free standard size diploma to each student on or after graduation. Standard sizes of diplomas are as follows:
- 11" x 14" -- Law School , School of Dentistry (D.D.S.), and Rackham Doctoral
- 15 3/4" x 22" -- Medical School(M.D.)
- 8 1/2" x 11" -- All Others
Medical School, Dental School and Rackham Doctoral students receive their diplomas at the graduation ceremony. All others are mailed to the graduate's permanent address or to the Diploma Address if one has been created by the student in Wolverine Access.
Remember, when graduating,a student must apply to receive a diploma.Students should check with their school or college of enrollment for deadlines.
Additional diplomas may be ordered in one of two ways:
Fax or mail a request.
A printableorder formis available.If sending a handwritten letter, be sure to include the following information:
- Diploma size
- Full name (as it should appear on the diploma)
- Maiden name (if different from full name, see note*)
- Student identification number or Social Security number
- Telephone number and/or e-mail address
- School or College attended
- Degree received
- Date conferred
- Field of study
- Address to which the diploma should be mailed
- Payment for Diploma(s):
Check or money order made payable to the University of Michigan.We cannot accept checks or money orders drawn on non-U.S. banks. Credit
Card Payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover. We do not accept American Express. Please include the following credit card information in your request:
o Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card number
o Expiration date
o Billing address
o Indicate the authorized charge amount
o Signature of cardholder
Replacement charges for diplomas are as follows:
- 8 1/2" x 11" -- $15
- 11" x 14" -- $30
- 15 3/4" x 22" Medical (M.D.) -- $75
Any diplomas may be ordered as either 8 1/2" x 11" or 11" x 14" except for Law School, Dental School (D.D.S.) and Medical School (M.D.) diplomas which are available only in the standard sizes.
* Note: If a student registered at the University of Michigan under a maiden name and wishes the diploma to reflect a married name, provide legal name change documentation along with the diploma request (e.g. copy of driver's license or marriage license).
Mail or fax order to:
Diploma Department Office of the Registrar University of Michigan 1210 LS&A Building 500 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1382
Come to the office.
An order can be placed in person at one of the Student Services sites. Be sure to bring photo identification.
Diplomas are not prepared by the University of Michigan Diploma Department; therefore, a guaranteed delivery schedule is not possible. Please allow three to four weeks for delivery of replacement diplomas.